Niseko Visitor Numbers - Winter 08/09
AUSTRALIA: - 37%
- The Australian market suffered more than most last year due to a dramatic shift in the exchange rate between the AU dollar and the yen
- Pull back only reverted to 06/07 numbers.
ASIA: + 7.9%
- Diverse geographic, socio economic and cultural catchment.
- Robust long term growth via direct and agency based bookings.
HONG KONG: + 18.5%
- Surging growth in visitation (reflected by HK dominated winter sales enquiry).
- Word of mouth continues to promote the advantages a nearby Asian resort such as Niseko has over its North American rivals (food, onsens, safety, travel time, time difference etc).
SINGAPORE: - 8%
- This was a surprise to most of us (certainly not reflected in NISADE’s guest figures).
- To put this drop in perspective, more than 3 times the number of Singaporeans visited Niseko in 2008/09 than did in 2006/07.
KOREA: - 42%
TAIWAN: - 24%
- The domestic ski industry in Korea, feeling the pinch of the economic crisis offered hugely discounted rates in an effort to persuade Korean skiers to holiday domestically.
- Like the Australian market trend, these are dramatic falls which were preceded by even more dramatic increases the year before.
MALAYSIA: + 497.5%
THAILAND: + 149%
RUSSIA: + 236%
- These new markets in Niseko began to show their potential of becoming major players over the next 5-10 years.
NORTH AMERICA: + 59%
EUROPE: - 2%
- While still at a very low base, there were promising figures within these markets.
CANADA: + 481%
FRANCE: + 325%
GERMANY: + 200%
- Growth until this point has been almost entirely through word of mouth.
- We project a continued steep increase in skiers from these large, mature ski markets as skiers look for a richer cultural experience on ski holiday.
- Also on-ground operators have not yet even begun to proactively market their accommodation offerings through European / American based travel agents.
(Extract from “Niseko Alpine Review - July 09″ - to subscribe for your latest edition click here)
Tags: Family holiday, great holiday desitinations, niseko, niseko accommodation, niseko apartments, niseko chalet, niseko hokkaido, niseko hotel, niseko hotels, niseko onsen, niseko properties, niseko property, niseko real estate, niseko vale, property niseko, real estate niseko, ski-in ski-out, Ski-in ski-out accommodation, ski-in ski-out Niseko, ski-in ski-out property, Snow family holidays, Snow holiday, The Vale, The Vale Niseko, vale-niseko, “niseko japan”, ひらふコンドミニアム, アプレスキー, コンドミニアムニセコ, コンドミニアム北海道, コンドミニアム宿泊, ニセココンドミニアム, ニセコスキー場の近く, ニセコ高級コンドミニアム, 温泉コンドミニアム, 温泉ニセコ, 温泉ホテルニセコ